Wednesday 6 February 2013

Hump Day

Oh Wednesdays...they are the hardest day of the week right? I woke up this morning groggy and hoping it was Saturday, there's nothing worse. So, I made a decision to banish every sleepy thought from my mind; get up, smile, shake it out and begin my day with earnest!

The best recipe for a bright good morning is my Sunshine Fruit Juice of orange, pineapple, carrot and ginger. The orange and pineapple are a great wake up call and the ginger gives it an extra kick! Try it the next time your having trouble starting the day and I guarantee it will get you movin' and a groovin' :)




Mid-week Workout

For me, a mid-week workout is a must. It provides me with the time I need to de-stress and shift the focus from work to "Me" as well as motivating me to kick butt for the rest of the week!

So my favourite workout for a Wednesday is Body Pump. Body Pump is class run by most gyms and involves high level reps of different movements with free weights. The class utilises exercises that benefit each body part; shoulders, chest, back, arms, legs, glutes and abs. It focuses on form and repetition so is great for toning and building stamina.

It's a great change for me as when I work out with weights by myself I like to focus on lifting heavy but I also don't always have the self discipline to do high reps when it starts to hurt! But in a class environment the peer pressure and instructor keep you going :)

I would also really recommend this class for anybody who is new to working with weights and isn't sure which exercises to do and whether they are completing the movements correctly. Remember - start with light weights and focus on form; once you have got this right the rest will follow!

Body Pump leaves you feeling great; strong, confident and buzzing with endorphins. The best way to face the rest of the week!


What's your favourite Wednesday Workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment