Friday 15 February 2013

Cabin Fever

Hellooo! So I have been bed bound for the last few days with flu (proper influenza not some misdiagnosed hypochondrial man flu!) and as a result Ive not had the strength to do any cooking or exercising to tell you of.

Gutted because tonight is usually muay thai night and I am missing out! It was going to be the subject for this weeks blog but hopefully I'll feel well enough by sunday to take the morning session.

So when Im sick I tend to lose my appetite; in the past that has meant surving of lemongrass tea. But this time with the help of the love of my life (my juicer) Ive been able to get a little more in the way of vitamins :-)

A great juice for when your feeling poorly is orange, carrot, lemon and ginger. Don't go easy with the lemon an ginger either whack a thick slice of each in; double what you normally would so you give your body the kick it requires.

I can also be a little aneamic so its especially important for me to get my iron when Im under the weather. My answer? Go green! Apple, kiwi and celery through the juicer then blended with a big handful of spinach, hey if it works for popeye right?

Anyway today I finally managed to eat something solid and I was craving a fresh, juicy tomato salad. I just love big fat beef tomatos marinated in olive oil and lashings of balsamic - mmmmm! Then top with some mozarella and pesto with a sprinkling of cashews ahhhh love :-):-):-)

Due to my illness I missed out on making my man his valentines dinner of delicious homemade canneloni so I'm going to make that over the weekend and will post the recipe.

I hope you all had a wonderful week and enjoy the weekend, looks like the sun is coming out!

No comments:

Post a Comment